Monday, February 26, 2007

You won't believe me, but my husband and I called all of the marquee AMPAS awards last night. We very well may have won my college friend Mark's 14th annual Oscar contest. (Again...I won circa 1994)

As for fashions, I know I gave up celebrity news, but I just wanted to glimpse the gowns a bit more closely so I've looked at the NYTimes page. I promise not to watch Access or buy an Us Weekly. I promise.

We had a grand weekend with brother-in-law and sister-in-law, including fun dinners out, walks and talks, munchkin basketball, munchkin musical theatre, and of course Oscar-watching. My SIL and daughter were quite opinionated about the fashions. I gleaned many of my comments below from listening in on their discussions:

I hated Jennifer Hudson's jacket...wrong, wrong, wrong for her body type; I secretly liked Kirsten Dunst's thing though wish Anne Hathaway had worn it; God love Meryl Streep and I mean that in a good way; Helen Mirren is a goddess; Reece and Maggie were great; Beyonce not my fave though at least it wasn't strapless; if it had to be strapless I vote for Jada Pinkett Smith.

(And Clooney and Daniel Craig were delish as always...and Clive, baby!)...but I'm not really looking...I just fell upon that picture...)

No comments: