Monday, February 12, 2007

So many of you have called and written to ask me if I'm excited about The Police and their reunion and tour. Well, I am! I didn't ever get to see them because I was grounded for making a "C" on my report card, despite having tickets to their Atlanta date, circa 1985. My boyfriend at the time, Stephen Schieneman, saw them at the Omni the night I was to go and goaded me the day after in the parking lot of Central High School. I'll never forget him doing that, and I may never forgive my parents for not letting me go. For that, and for keeping me from seeing the Tom Petty/Lone Justice pairing that same year. How am I going to parent effectively in the future with that kind of background?? My children will be able to talk me into anything musical at this point. Starting now, perhaps...

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I liked this post.
Made me remember my concert days - Go-Go's and Flock of Seagulls.
Then the metal bands too! What fun.

Andy Peters said...

I went to the Police show in Atlanta circa 1988