Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I could never write about it like Bad News Hughes does, but I seem to have a raving case of psoriasis on my face. I've tried my old treatment stand-by of rubbing Denorex all over my face (hurts so good) and it abates the itching and crusting for a while, but then it comes back. I'm now all red-faced and wrinkly looking. I seriously look like I need Botox, but I think it is mostly the psoriasis.

At some point this will get bad enough to see a doctor, but then what? Like Mr. Hughes, I will feel compelled to see if I can't knock out a few other ailments. Like getting my moles checked, seeing if I can't score some anti-aging samples, and getting advice on sun protection. It won't happen, and I shouldn't even dare to dream.

Plus, if I had free time, the last place I want to go is to the waiting room of a dermatologist. It isn't friendly and happy. And I can't focus enough to knit in there. For now, I think I'll diagnose myself as having a fierce reaction to the weather change and pick at my scabs and scales a little less.

No comments: