Friday, October 14, 2005

Another great thing about my current gig of staying home plus teaching the toddler set old school songs and rhythm games is that I have yet to feel like, and doubt I will ever, and hope to god I won't cry.I'm a crier. I can't help it, I'm wired that way, it's just the way it is and I hate it and love it alternately.

I cried in my other jobs - lots in secret and a few times in front of people. I cried once when I had to tell the director of the service agency where I worked about the valued male volunteer (who worked exclusively with the teen volunteers) told me, with graphic details and while we were isolated in an elevator, how he envisioned a tawdry sexual encounter with me. And once I cried when told my immediate supervisor had been fired. That was just pure release: I was mortified and relieved all at once.

I'm a tough girl. Or I like to think I am. But my hormones do get the best of me - the article linked above says never to blame it on your period...well, more than likely all of my workplace crying happened at a crux time in my cycle. But still, tough girls have to cry sometimes too...its either that or be a raving, evil bitch and I think my choice is the best one for me.

No comments: