Friday, August 12, 2005

I know all about thisphenomenon. My first was a girl named Jeanine Sagebien at my college. She was not Southern, she was dark, she was friendly, she was smooth, she was fashionable in the most breezy way possible, the way I am not. My friends teased me and laughed when I would flub words in front of her or clamour to get near her in a line or between classes. She was always kind and always cool. I think she may have smoked, thus spurring on my habit in those days. She was friends with a large group of dark Cuban men from Miami and they soon became my friends...but I never really cared about them. I cared about her.

I remember her boyfriend cheated on her. The dirty bastard. I certainly hope she is happy...I could probably look her up but I won't. I'll let her be and hope that she realizes on some level that she is the epitome of cool to someone, and always will be.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm in this state all the time.
So obvious.