Thursday, August 11, 2005

Found by Mrs. Kennedy. I'm so pleased that "Singin' in the Rain" is on there. I will forever remember it as the first-ever Netflixed movie by us, and the one we kept the longest...perhaps 5 months.

In other kid news, I saw a pregnant woman smoking last night. Furtively, but in plain view of me and others, and I felt a lot of pity for her mainly because I knew she was currently being chastised and was probably in a mothership of guilt sailing on a sea of inadequacy.

I also saw a baby in a front seat of a car, in his grandpa's arms, being delicately fed a bottle of Coke. I did the only thing I knew to do, without even knowing I was doing it, which was to shake my head at the driver. I'm no better than you, woman, I do stupid shit all the time including losing track of my children at the pool and not holding their hand when a car started backing up right beside us....and even stupider than that. But its the law, and for a good reason, so buckle him up. I hate reading about your peers in the local gore news...and I read about one today, so I sincerely hope you learned a lesson.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Did you see the lady who was babysitting the 7 month old. She left it in the car while she went shopping at Falls Village. She took her 10 month old and her DOG inside with her. Thank goodness some people noticed, smashed her window and called 911. People today - yikes!