Wednesday, September 21, 2005

"Curb" is still, to me, the most squirm-inducing television out there. Maybe because certain people call me Larry David and others remind me that I live in "Curb East" but also because he just steps it up a notch, all the time. The guy in the wheelchair using a cell phone was vintage Larry, but up a notch. Ben Stiller wasn't all that amazing to me, except when he and Larry have a fight in the car, which was heroic in that they got a take with neither one of those guys laughing. Susie and Cheryl continue to raise the bar, though. Cheryl is officially the best "straight man" in comedy and Susie's use of the word "fuck" always delights. We'll finish up tonight assuming the DVD isn't scratched or marred - it may be - and that we won't be riveted to the CNN watching Hurricane Rita coverage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, what were those first two comments about? Certainly not about "Curb" huh? Anyway, yes, I love how Susie always calls Jeff a "fat fuck" and Larry a "four-eyed fuck" - she kills me. I just love that show. Loved it when she fell off her balcony onto all those pound cakes she'd thrown away so her hubby wouldn't eat them.

Lynn said...

Who are those people?
Just wait for David's Dad's cashew bit. It's super funny.