Thursday, July 21, 2005

Technology is fun and lovely and has made things much easier in this household for me since I can renew library books online and thus save tens of dollars on fines. I can also pay bills online, talk to people from other countries and New York City in real time, and get weather radar info when the Weather Channel is busy with an expose on some wimp in Florida's hurricane experience. (Sorry, Floridians: with the exception of Andrew, you got NOTHING on me) So thank you, Mother Technology, for these things.

Other things...well, no thanks. As I stated earlier, I'm somewhat relieved to be relieved of my Harry Potter burden. But if I had NOT wanted to know, I know I would know by now, and thus be irritated. I'm a little tired of emails with the subject line HEY FRIEND QUICK PENIS VIOXX. And then there is the problem of addiction, that I battle a little bit and for which my husband needs treatment. Poor Lynn, my dear friend, went without a computer for TWO WEEKS and lived to tell the tale...her woes have been the source of much angst and CASH.

But I guess overall it is a good thing, this here computer. And if I could only get Garage Band, then I think I would quit bashing once and for all.

No comments: