Thursday, July 14, 2005

Good times! The pool was empty today at lessons because of some filming of young boys by a guy whose picture was located here. Hats off to the astute mom who had her hackles up.

Then again, moms can be so annoying. There is a fine line, people. I do applaud that woman who felt troubled enough by the guy taping to look him up and file a police report. But I don't know how I feel about the moms who won't let a lifeguard take their child into the 10 feet section, or who tells me she was "really bad" by air-drying beach towels between lessons. (HA! Are you SUPPOSED to wash beach towels more than once a month or so?)

I was troubled by the kid in Utah who was left alone in the woods and could have been rescued but didn't want to talk to strangers. And I was also troubled by one of our family members who, while babysitting, let a strange man in our house to check out our belongings and thus give us a quote on insurance? That we never received? Again, there is a fine line. I hope to God I have enough sense to find it when I need it.

No comments: