Thursday, July 07, 2005

I wanted to remind my husband that, last week when shark attacks were all over the news, he predicted a terrorist attack. Prior to 9/11, shark attacks were the biggest press story....life was slow and boring. Then we were attacked by an altogether different monster.

England has dealt with IRA bombings many times before, so it makes sense that the people there seem calm and stoic...as I said earlier, they are serious folk and I can believe that they are calling on the heroism that got them through oh, I don't know, the BLITZ and various other issues. It's just hard to see proud cities like Madrid, London, and New York turned into war zones and favorite places like King's Cross (though I do remember parts of King's Cross as being a bit dicey...and still I loved it) forever rememebered as a scene of horror.

No comments: