Friday, May 06, 2005

More Coachella.

Someone asked me last night who I was listening to. I couldn't answer. I stammered, took a sip of wine, thought about tossing off the old Radiohead/U2/REM/PJHarvey answer, then paused.

"Spoon," I said. "This woman from Europe, Annie. She's going to be the thinking woman's Britney". (Though, as you all know, BRITNEY is this thinking woman's Britney. Eleven more days!!!) "Pedro the Lion, the Hot Hot Heat, The Mountain Goats."

After I got away from the question-asker who basically gawked at me like I was an android, I realized that I've been able to get back to my main passion. There is no need to hide it any longer. I spend a shitload of time researching music, listening to it, thinking about it. I was at a book club meeting when I was talking about music...and books are arguably a passion. So are movies. But nothing, NOTHING does it for me like music.

I'll never get into music like I want to - I like to sleep way too much and I don't smoke anymore. But if I need a shake-up or a melt-down these days I only have to turn to my mp3 collection and get rocking. May it ever be so.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You have half of this music - the itunes store has a mix you can purchase.

I'm not sure i'll be able to watch the 5.17 "reality" show. It already is too much information.