Sunday, March 13, 2005

An even weirder weekend. Plans were to fly out whilst delightful babysitting aunt and uncle flew in. To New Orleans, for a fabulous dinner and night (one) in a hotel.

Plans change.

We've lost some cash on this one, but it seems that we did the right thing. Baby boy had the flu and it was ugly - for about 2 days. Miraculously, he is almost right as rain. Thank goodness for the wonderdrug. Of course, had the flu started earlier and the wonderdrug been given on, say, Wednesday, we could have gone. Timing: it's what makes or breaks us.

As it stands, we had a nice weekend with the auntie and uncle and I even partook of my lenten sacrificial nectar a bit. THAT was fun, I tell you. Bring on Easter. Also, hubby and I got to go see an Oscar-nominated flick, bringing us within fighting distance of seeing them all.

But. Still. I'd like to be with my husband sometime without outside (young) influences. Maybe that will happen sometime soon. If not, there's always 2029 to look forward to.

No comments: