Thursday, May 22, 2008

You have to hand it to Ellen DeGeneres for taking a stand...she's getting married, LEGALLY, and now she's wondering why the rest of the country can't catch up to her state. She wonders, in fact, aloud - to John McCain.

The clip is found here...I can't find it on YouTube.

Those of you who know me know that I tend to date gay people in my teens and twenties, and that a lot of folks I love are gay. What you may not know is that Ellen and I agree pretty much down the line. I think that gay rights and perhaps even gay marriage in particular are this generations' desegregation and racial equality statutes. Twenty years from now, when I'm pretty sure that every citizen will have the right to marry regardless of their sexual orientation, what are you going to tell your children about where you stood in 2008?

This is about as rabble-rousing as I get, so if I've just pissed you off, SORRY! And Happy Memorial Day! I work tonight and then BAM! Holiday weekend with some fun relatives and our new niece. There, have I taken the edge off???

No comments: