Monday, May 05, 2008

I live in a house divided when it comes to the local, state and national elections. My husband I are truly split on several races, and split on purpose in one race because we are friends with the two people running. Thus, serious guilt. (Don't worry - the candidates are both great and would both do the job well.) But Senator Obama, when you offer free tickets to Arcade Fire and Superchunk on a beautiful Friday afternoon - and it's a school holiday so my children can go - and the show is great and if not a bit ridiculously issue-laden, then fun in a rallyish sort of way, well....you may have won a vote.




And my GOD - Superchunk! Mac and Laura's KIDS were on stage with them. My husband and I figured we hadn't seen Superchunk in about 12 years.

We also got to meet and greet with Win Butler after (Regine didn't come over to us, alas). He was nice to the children.

My son, however, preferred Superchunk:

No comments: