Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The publishers of "Goodnight, Moon", a book our family has collectivley memorized after many sweetly sleepy readings, have decided to alter a picture of the illustrator to take a cigarette out of his hand. Registration required, but here's a silly take on the silly move by Harper's....Goodbye, Moon - New York Times.

Speaking of vices, I came out of the prison cell also known as our state-run ABC store today....nothing warm or friendly in that place, just older men in red vests giving you the eye and rows of carefully lined up bad and uninteresting licquors.....and was given the disbelieving head shake by a guy with a graying beard outside the store. Whether he was unhappy about the alcohol or by my personal self purchasing it, I'll never know, but he put the voodoo on me. After I got home I opened the car door and my bottle of Stoli's fell out and crashed...vodka spilled down my driveway, mingling with leafy drainage water. Shit, dude! Why'd you have to pick ME?

1 comment:

Tracey said...

aww man, voodoo curses from creepy liquor store hangers-on are the worst.

not that i frequent liquor stores. much.

[cough]

alright, define "frequent."