Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Not that I'm a fashionista, not even in the least, but I do agree with this article. I think my FOP (Fear Of Poncho) began on the day I walked into Belk's and saw the poncho-only department as described by Ms. Fortini. I love a trend, but too much of a good thing scares me. Like Dr. Scholl's sandals...no matter how cool the pair, I just don't think I can follow the trend, now that it is so very much a trend.

Its not that I don't buy into fads - I have a bunch of animal prints this fall, I'm dying for a round-toed pump, and I really, really want to knit my daughter a poncho. But more than likely I'll still be cowering in the cold wearing last year's Target suede jacket whilst the rest of the population snuggles into their armless covers.

2 comments:

Belle said...

That is hilarious. And yes, I would want to wear it more, too.

Lynn said...

I have one - never thought I would but it was given to me and I did wear it last weekend. Someone called me a "teenager". Not sure it was a compliment. I will definitely be sporting my jacket form last year - as one form a few years back. Trends are trends - Raleigh style is it's own (as is motherhood of two).